Synopsys' Yatin Trivedi to Receive 2014 Accellera Leadership Award
Award recognizes Trivedi's leadership, organizational and financial vision, and service to standards
Napa, Calif., USA, 28 May 2014 - Accellera Systems Initiative, the electronics industry organization focused on the creation and adoption of electronic design automation (EDA) and intellectual property (IP) standards, has named Accellera board member Yatin Trivedi as the recipient of its 2014 Leadership Award. The Award recognizes the vision, leadership and contribution to standards development, governance and promotional activities of the organization. The Award will be presented at the Design Automation Conference during the Accellera breakfast meeting, June 3.
"Yatin has made numerous contributions to Accellera's strategy, promotion, infrastructure, and financial management over the years. Under his watch, Accellera has become financially stronger while assimilating additional EDA standards bodies and bringing in new programs such as the IEEE Get Program for EDA standards. In my opinion, he exemplifies the Leadership Award," said Shishpal Rawat, Accellera Systems Initiative chair.
"It is an honor to receive this prestigious award," said Yatin Trivedi, Director of Standards and Interoperability Programs at Synopsys. "Working with Accellera has given me the opportunity to collaborate with dedicated volunteers from across the industry to create the best standards possible and make them readily available to design and verification engineers. It has been my privilege to partner with my esteemed colleagues to make Accellera into the vibrant organization it is today. I look forward to continuing to collaborate to keep Accellera on the forefront of innovation and standards excellence."
Mr. Trivedi has been in engineering, marketing and management roles in the semiconductor industry for 30 years. As the Treasurer since 2008, Yatin has grown Accellera into a financially strong organization with 35 members and over 20 standards. His financial acumen paved the way for strategic relationships with The SPIRIT Consortium and the Open SystemC Initiative (OSCI), which resulted in the formation of Accellera Systems Initiative in 2010. Most recently Yatin helped bring the assets of the Open Core Protocol International Partnership (OCP-IP) under the organization's umbrella.
- He is a member of the Board of Directors of Accellera where he serves as its Treasurer and liaison to IEEE for the IEEE Get program, which provides standards at no cost to users. Under his tenure, four IEEE standards have been made available to the worldwide design community.
- He is a key contributor to the Design and Verification Conference and Exhibition (DVCon), leading expansion to Europe, India and other international locations. He has served on the DVCon steering committee for four years, and has been named chair of DVCon US for 2015 and 2016.
- He serves as a member of the Standards Board and Corporate Advisory Group of the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA), and the Board of Directors of the IEEE Industry Standards and Technology Organization (ISTO). He has represented IEEE-SA on the Education Activities Board (EAB) since 2012 and chaired the Standards Education Committee (SEC) in 2013.
- He is the Editor-in-Chief of Standards Education Committee eZine, vice chair of Design Automation Standards Committee (DASC), and a member of the IEEE-SA's governance committees.
- In 1992, Yatin co-founded Seva Technologies as one of the early IC Design Services companies in Silicon Valley.
- He co-authored the first book on Verilog HDL in 1990 and served as the editor of IEEE Std 1364-1995 and IEEE Std 1364-2001.
- He is a Senior Member of the IEEE. He was inducted to IEEE's honor society IEEE-HKN (Eta Kappa Nu) in 2014.
Currently, Yatin serves as the treasurer and a board member of Accellera. He represents Synopsys on several technical standards committees, manages interoperability initiatives under the corporate strategic marketing group, and works closely with the Synopsys University program. Yatin received his B.E. (Hons) EEE from BITS, Pilani and M.S. Computer Engineering from Case Western Reserve University. Further information about Yatin and his contributions to standards is available.
About Accellera Systems Initiative's Leadership Award
Accellera Systems Initiative established the Leadership Award in 2012 to recognize the contribution of an individual who has provided active leadership and contributed significantly in the vision of EDA and IP standards development activities and the governance of Accellera Systems Initiative. A nominee can be anyone who has contributed to the leadership and vision of its standards. '
About Accellera Systems Initiative
Accellera Systems Initiative is an independent, not-for profit organization, dedicated to create, support, promote and advance system-level design, modeling and verification standards for use by the worldwide electronics industry. The organization accelerates standards development and as part of its ongoing partnership with the IEEE, its standards are contributed to the IEEE Standards Association for formal standardization and ongoing change control. For more information, please visit www.accellera.org. For membership information, please contact us.
Accellera, Accellera Systems Initiative, Open SystemC Initiative, SystemC, and OSCI, the SPIRIT Consortium, OCP-IP are trademarks of Accellera Systems Initiative Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.